Library services to the Ho-Ho-Kus community began when the Ho-Ho-Kus Free Public Library Association was formed in 1924. It was municipalized in 1927 and has had several locations, including an unused jail cell and a small building on East Franklin Turnpike, which still stands.
The current building was originally a residential house owned by Caroline Mildreth Worth Pinkham. She bequeathed the property to the Borough of Ho-Ho-Kus to be used as the public library when she died in 1984. Her donation was made in honor of her parents and husband, which is why we are the called Worth-Pinkham Memorial Library.
Interesting items from our local history collection:
Bestsellers of 1908
Worth-Pinkham Library Release (1988)